Friday, April 5, 2013

Won't the Real Slim Shady Please Stand Up?

Apparently, lampshades evoke Eminem lyrics in my head.  Anyone else?  I've been keeping an eye out for a shade for the lamp on our dining room buffet for awhile now.  There is nothing terribly wrong with the old one, except that it doesn't seem to go with the feel of the room.


It's got kind of a nubby/tweedy texture (which I feel evokes more of a shabby chic/rustic/manly feel) and is not meshing well with the modern, clean-lined buffet or the bright rug.  A few months ago, I purchased a plain white shade from Lowe's but that was wrong, too.  It didn't add any interest.  It was b-o-r-i-n-g.  I spotted this shade at Target last week and brought it home with me to try.  


I'm not normally a huge floral person, but this seemed more "fauna" to me so I was okay with it.  And, it echoes the colors in our dining room rug quite well if I do say so myself.  



I don't think Seth was too sure about it at first, but he got overruled.  It has found a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions...