Wednesday, May 28, 2014

PVC Pipe Garden Markers

I made some garden markers for our new raised beds out of metal BBQ skewers and PVC pipe.


I found these skewers in the dollar section at Target and snatched them up.  You need one skewer for each garden marker.


I also purchased some 1/2" diameter PVC pipe, cut it into 5" pieces with a hacksaw, and spray painted them with chalkboard paint.

I probably should have used a larger piece of cardboard to catch the overspray.  Whoops.

I used a chalkboard marker to write the names of our herbs and veggies onto the PVC pipe pieces after they dried, and then I slid them through the circular opening in the skewers.


The PVC pipe was slightly larger in diameter than the opening in the skewer so I used some pliers to pull the skewer open slightly before sliding the PVC pipe inside.

Do you see how much our veggies have grown?


I was a bit worried about the chalkboard marker getting rinsed off in the rain, but so far it hasn't been a problem.  Maybe the sun baked the labels on.



This was an easy, inexpensive project that adds a nice custom touch to our garden.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions...