Monday, March 30, 2015

Spring Succulent Wreath

Being heavily pregnant with twins has left me with little energy these days so I'm seeking out quick, easy projects to decorate our house for Spring.  This succulent wreath fit the bill perfectly.


This was my initial inspiration.

Supplies:
  • grapevine wreath
  • faux succulents
  • hot glue gun
  • ribbon for hanging



I found my faux succulents at the dollar tree.  Yes - the dollar tree.  I ended up using 15 of them.  I had the ribbon and grapevine wreath on hand (it was also what I used for our 2013 Christmas wreath).

After removing the succulents from their pots and styrofoam "dirt", I liberally applied the hot glue on their stems, and stuck them in between the grapevines.  I added some green ribbon to the top and hung it on the front door.  Simple as that.




I am pretty impressed with the look of the dollar tree succulents.  



I also love the fact that this wreath isn't necessarily Spring-specific (i.e. no eggs, bunnies, etc). Since my life is going to get very busy in late Spring, it may end up gracing our door until Fall.

I hope the warmer temperatures and Spring weather make an appearance in your area this week!  Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions...