Saturday, September 28, 2013

5 Small Changes to the Hallway Gallery Wall

This past Spring, I hung a gallery wall in our hallway.


I detailed where the art pieces came from in this post and I mentioned a few pieces that I was already anticipating tweaking in the future.  Well, that day came.  Here is the new and improved gallery wall.


Can you spot the changes?

Working from left to right:

1.  I removed the frame underneath the chameleon plate and replaced it with a gold wall urchin.  The urchin really brings out the gold on the plate and, let's face it, it's just fun.



2.  I cut down the ombre art from the frame I had just removed and used it to replace my triangle paint chip art.  I was just not happy with how my first attempt at paint chip art had turned out.  Maybe next time.

3.  I spray painted the plain white frame around my Costa Rica art a rich navy blue.  Much, much better!



4.  I darkened the first word of the "Be Still & Know" ombre art and resized it so that the edges of the words were no longer touching the frame.

5.  I painted over the circle art and used colors that better coordinated with the entire gallery.



These five small changes may not seem like much, but they have definitely improved the overall cohesiveness of the gallery wall.

Before:

After:


What do you think?  Can you tell a difference?  Are you tweaking anything at your house this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions...