Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Transforming a Plain White Tray

After glamorizing our coffee table, our plain white coffee table tray was looking a little blah.  I spruced it up with a gold leaf pen and some gold flecked burlap.


Yes, you read that right - gold flecked burlap.  I found it at Joann's and it's beautiful.  It has delicate gold threads running through it.  I may have developed an unhealthy attachment to it.  If I start to cover everything in my house with it, please call in some professional help.

I started with this white West Elm tray that we've used to corral books and the like on our coffee tables for years.  I purchased the beloved burlap at Joann's, picked up a gold leaf pen from Hobby Lobby, and had a piece of glass custom cut at the home improvement store (the lovely people at Lowe's will cut glass to any size for you).


I used the gold leaf pen along the top edge of the tray.


Then, I cut the burlap to size, placed it in the bottom of the tray, and carefully covered it with the glass.


Simple as that.



I'm so glad to finally have a styled coffee table.





See how the gold threads in the burlap sparkle in the photo above?  So pretty.  Next up I'm unveiling the first steps of our exterior face lift (including what color we decided to paint our front door!!!) and my Fall wreath.  Have a great week!

2 comments:

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions...