Saturday, September 14, 2013

Bedroom Quote Art

I've gotten sucked into the dystopian society book trend.  It started with The Hunger Games and now I am eagerly awaiting Allegiant, Veronica Roth's final book in her Divergent trilogy.  I also read Matched by Ally Condie but didn't quite get into it enough to finish out the trilogy.  Maybe someday.


After I read The Hunger Games, I couldn't stop raving about it.  I eventually convinced Seth to read it, too.  As he lay in bed at night reading, I constantly interrupted him with questions about what part he was at, how he liked the book so far, etc.  At some point, I made him start reading aloud so I could experience the book again.  We ended up reading the entire trilogy together and so the series is extra meaningful to us.

One of my favorite quotes from the trilogy is the last line from the last chapter of the final book (excluding the epilogue).  I decided it would be a good quote to use to make some inexpensive artwork for above our bed.



*** SPOILER ALERT - Do not continue reading if you're following along with the movies or still planning to read the books. ***












At the end of the book, Peeta asks Katniss, "You love me.  Real or not real?"  And Katniss tells him, "Real."  It's a touching moment.  I was always rooting for Katniss to chose "the boy with the bread".


I simply typed the quote in Word, chose a font, and had it printed at Office Max.  The frames are from Wal-Mart and were originally black.  I fixed that with some spray paint.


We also lowered the headboard a few weeks ago (we hung it a bit too high when we moved in).




It's nice to finally have some artwork above our bed.  Next up for our bedroom is some nightstand styling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions...