Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Tribal Inspired Curtains, Switching Up Our Bedding, and a Zebra Rug

As I mentioned in this post, I'm slowly but surely honing in on my design style.  I am now going to be tweaking some things around the house starting with our master bedroom.

First up were our curtains.


The tan ones were bland and boring.  We've had them up for over a year, which made me feel better about making a change (so maybe they weren't a complete waste?).  

I was browsing Crate and Barrel Outlet a few weeks ago and found the perfect curtains on sale (I can't find them on the website anymore so they may have sold out).  


They are a sheer, cream colored linen with a fun tribal-inspired design printed on them in navy blue.  They make me smile.


As you may have noticed in the first photo, we also added a new rug.  I've been doing some rug shuffling and our bedroom ended up with a bare floor.  I ordered the rug before I found the curtains and now I'm not 100% sure about the combination.  I'm letting it marinate for awhile before making a final decision.


I swapped our woodland duvet with the white square tuck one that was in our second guest bedroom.  



I've also been playing with some new pillow combinations on our bed.  I stole the Adras ikat pillow from the living room and a couple of euro pillows from the second guest bedroom.  I'm still playing around with the final pillow combo and color scheme a bit so I'll keep you posted.

This pic shows more accurate colors.

We are also DIYing a new headboard and we have painted over the navy blue accent wall (gasp!). We're should finish the new headboard this week and have it up on the wall by the end of the weekend.


It's definitely looking more colorful and cheery for Spring.  Bring on the heat and humidity!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions...