Monday, April 6, 2015

Nursery Art Decisions

Things have pretty much fallen into place for the nursery design (only a few, minor changes since my last post)...except the main art piece.  I just can't decide.  I thought I'd share the prints that I'm currently waffling over (all are pictured on the left side above the dresser).

First is "The Meadow" by Melanie Severin.


I like the calm, fluid feel and the touches of pink.  It might be nice for our baby girl to have at least a little pink in her shared nursery.  It incorporates the aqua and some green.  Possibly not the exact shades of green in the pillows, but I think it would look okay.

Another option is "Photo-synthesis No. 6" by Satsuki Shibuya.


It has a lot more green in it and more of a masculine feel to me.  There is a touch of aqua.  I'm not sold on it for some reason.

The third print is "Salvation Mountain" by Britt Bass Turner.


It has a more child-like feel to me.  It's colorful and maybe a bit busy and Seth isn't too sure about it (maybe better for the playroom?). I don't know what it is, but something keeps drawing me back to this one.

Lastly, is another Britt Bass Turner piece entitled "Swoop".

My main concern is the mint green color (upper right quadrant).  Possibly not the best addition with the other greens we have going on in the room.

I would really like to make a decision this week and get the darn thing ordered.  Then I can finalize some other details.

Which print would you choose?  I think I've narrowed it down to option #1 or option #3.  I'd love to hear your opinions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions...