Friday, May 15, 2015

Modern, Outdoorsy, Gender Neutral Nursery for Boy/Girl Twins

Is that a long enough post title for you?  Since there isn't an overwhelming theme to our nursery, it makes it a bit more difficult to describe.

I am super happy with how this room turned out.  It's gender neutral, contains my favorite colors (blue and green), incorporates some elements of the outdoors (oh how I miss the mountains of east Tennessee!), is modern, fresh, happy, and inviting.  At least I think so.  It's pretty much perfect for us.    And hopefully, the twins will agree.

So...without further ado...here is our nursery!




mountain accent wall & clouds - DIY, tutorial coming soon  |  alphabet print  |  leather chair - snatched up for half off from West Elm, no longer available  |  schumacher print pillow  |  green pillow  |  aqua pillow  |  mouse pillow  |  fox pillow  |  sleep bunny  | sleep sheep  |  cribs  |  chevron geo dot crib sheets  |  raccoon storage bin  |  rug

I think the Schumacher zimba print pillows are perfect for the room as they echo the lines of the mountain accent wall.


tree mobile - DIY, tutorial coming soon  |  swoop art  |  canoe paddle art  |  owl art  |  tripod floor lamp - DIY  |  changing pad  |  changing pad cover  |  changing pad tray - DIY  |  boon organizer  |  dresser - thrifted  |  glider (was on sale and got an additional discount, but still a splurge)  | lane side table - yard sale find refinished  |  brass swan - thrifted  |  brass owl - thrifted  |  dohm sound machine  |  wooden toys - yard sale  |  curtains

We decided to incorporate a chair for me and a chair for Seth since we are having two babies and might enjoy sitting in the nursery together while we each cuddle one.





picture ledges used as bookshelves  |  wooden train toy - yard sale find  |  campfire nightlight (a splurge - I couldn't help myself)  |  brass rocking horse - thrifted, gift  |  felt bins






My sister-in-law is making us one more piece of artwork to hang above the glider, but otherwise, the room is complete!  I can't wait to introduce our little ones to their special space.


2 comments:

  1. Where did you get the crib? It's beautiful and I'm looking for something similar for my twin girls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the Babymod Marley crib. I ordered it from Walmart. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Baby-Mod-Marley-3-in-1-Convertible-Crib-Choose-Your-Finish/36277233

      Delete

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions...