Friday, October 11, 2013

Hydrangea and Antler Fall Wreath

It's finally starting to feel like Fall around here.  To me, Fall is such an amazing time of year.  I love it for its crisp mornings and colorful leaves.  It's the time of year to enjoy sipping hot beverages on the front porch, relaxing around a fire at night, watching college football, dining on hearty soups, and taking spectacular hikes through the woods.

Now that the temperatures have dropped a bit, I've started decorating for the season.  Although I love traditional Fall colors like orange, our house is decorated with mostly cool colors.  So for Fall this year, I decided on a green and blue theme.


I also wanted simple, organic decorations.  I wasn't feeling the spooky, ghoulish decor this year.  I turned to Pinterest for inspiration and then set out for the craft stores to gather supplies for a Fall wreath.

Normally, I don't like fake flowers.  To me, they look fake.  But these hydrangeas from Hobby Lobby are some of the most convincing faux flowers I've ever seen.  And when I spotted my gold flecked burlap in ribbon form...well...I couldn't say no.



I started by wrapping a grapevine wreath with the burlap ribbon.


Then, I used my hot glue gun to add the hydrangeas.


(Don't mind the white pumpkin - it didn't make the cut.)


Seth procured a couple of antlers for me from a coworker of his that hunts and I used green floral wire to secure them to the wreath.


I concealed the floral wire by wrapping it with twine, and then added a wooden acorn and some dried seed pods.


Then, I added some green ribbon and introduced her to our newly painted front door.




I think it has a nice earthy feel.




I also put together an inexpensive Fall mantel that I'll share with you early next week!  Happy Fall!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions...