Monday, October 21, 2013

Simple, Nature-Inspired Fall Mantel

I promised you a post about our Fall mantel and then I dragged my feet.  It's because I was tweaking it. I'm still not sure I absolutely love it, but I'm tired of editing and rearranging it.  So I'm calling it done.


As with the wreath for the front door, I decided on a mostly green and blue color scheme. 


I started with my DIY antiqued mirror (I'll post a tutorial soon) and I just couldn't resist mounting Fred the moose onto it.  (I may take him down later and mount him above the television - not sure yet.)


The candlesticks are from World Market and I picked up the blue and green tapers from Hobby Lobby.  The decorative green ball is also from Hobby Lobby.  The antlers are leftover from my Fall wreath and I made the simple felt leaf garland after coming across Sarah's tutorial.


The autumn essentials print was a freebie from Jones Design Company.  I've had the hourglass for a few years (I think it was from Hobby Lobby) and the pumpkins are faux pumpkins from Joann's that I spray painted metallic silver last year.


Sorry for the crappy pictures.  I was experimenting with lighting and it did not go well.






We have finally mounted the TV and I put up a gallery wall around it.  Unfortunately, this living room is just getting waaayyyyy too busy so I think the gallery wall is coming down.  :(  I'm finding I have difficulty not filling up empty wall space.  It's days like these that I wish I had an interior designer on speed dial.

Hope everyone enjoyed their Fall weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions...