Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Guest Bathroom Wall Color and Revised Mood Board

Seth and I are plugging away at the guest bathroom in our free time.  So far, we have removed the wallpaper, patched and painted the walls, installed a new toilet, installed a new sink, halfway installed a new faucet (Seth ran into some problems and is working on it), hung a new overhead light, and swapped out our vent cover.  I've also purchased new towels, a vanity light, some artwork, fabric to make a shower curtain, and a new extra long shower curtain liner.

Here is a peek at the wall color we chose.


It's Benjamin Moore's Mascarpone (a Candice Olsen pick - you can't go wrong, right?).  You may remember that I originally intended to go with a pale aqua.  I purchased a sample pot and painted a large square on the wall and it was awful.  It was very washed out and did not look good with the tan tile.  After agonizing and over thinking other color options, Seth and I decided a nice cream would work great.  It brightens up the space but not in a cold, sterile way.  And it pairs well with the tan tile.  I think a nice, neutral backdrop will be perfect for our patterned shower curtain and the pops of teal we'll be injecting throughout the space.  

The bathroom is actually shaping up to look more like this now:

Guest Bathroom Mood Board 2


As usual, I wish it was done yesterday.  I'm still learning patience, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions...