Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Simple Winter Magnolia Wreath

After taking down our Christmas decorations, I realized that I probably needed a new wreath to get us from post-Christmas Winter to Spring.  My ornament wreath was a little too specific to Christmas.


I didn't want to spend a lot of time or money making another wreath and so I turned to my own backyard.


According to Pinterest, a lot of people associate magnolias with Fall and even Christmas.  I notice their beauty more during this time of year - when everything else is brown and dead, the holidays are over, and the hustle and bustle has died down.  They are still green.  Still going.  Giving me hope for the coming of Spring (and after that arctic blast last week, I could use some hope for Spring).


I did have to purchase a wreath form from Hobby Lobby (but thanks to a 40% off coupon it wasn't very pricey). You will also need a lot of magnolia leaves (I think I used around 45-50), your hot glue gun, and ribbon of your choice.  


I just simply started gluing my leaves on, flipping some over so that the lighter green back was showing for a bit of variation.


I added my ribbon with more hot glue at the end and that was that.  Super quick and simple.





Things are coming along in the guest bathroom…slowly but surely.  I did have a mirror arrive yesterday with many cracks from shipping so things are not going super smoothly.  Oh, well.  We'll get there eventually.  I should have an update for you soon.  

1 comment:

  1. The wreath looks great! Love how it "pops" against the blue door. So creative to use the leaves, I wouldn't have thought of that, but I do love magnolia trees too- so pretty- would love to have some in my yard. Great way to bring in more nature into your porch scheme.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions...