Saturday, May 3, 2014

Floating, Modern House Numbers

I'm back with a quick post about our new house numbers that you caught a sneak peek of in my last post.  When we bought the house, the house numbers were mounted on the front door.


And they were ugly and brass.  But most importantly - THEY WEREN'T CENTERED ON THE DOOR!  It.    Drove.    Me.    Crazy.

They were also next to impossible to see from the street.


So after painting our front door, we didn't bother putting them back up.  We lived without house numbers for a few months before I got around to ordering some from Amazon.  We decided to go with a black finish since we planned to mount them onto the white porch header (? - not sure if that's what it is called but I have no idea what else to call it).


They were simple to hang once we measured a bit in our attempt to center them over the front door.


There was an option to mount them flush or float them away from the house about 1/4 inch.  We opted to float them because we're crazy like that.


I like the extra dimension that it adds.


They are so much more modern and sleek than the previous ones.  And easier to spot from the road. (They really are centered.  I just can't seem to align myself with them properly before taking the pictures.)


Our raised beds are full of dirt and veggies and I can't wait to share them with you!  Have a great rest of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions...